Making an impact through your written communication can be a difficult task for non-native speakers; here I am sharing sample closing lines for your formal as well as informal emails.
Closing lines for (big) requests
- Thank you (in advance).
- Any help you can offer me with this would be greatly appreciated.
- Any feedback you can give me on this would be gratefully accepted.
- Any assistance you could give me in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
- Thank you in advance for your assistance (in this matter).
Closing lines when you need a reply
- I look forward to hearing from you (soon).
- Looking forward to hearing from you (soon).
- Please let me know if that’s okay/ if that is acceptable with you/ if that sounds okay/ if you can/ if you can help/ if you need an extension/ if you need to reschedule/ if…
- Look forward to hearing what you think/ getting your input/…
- We look forward to receiving your documents/ application/ permission/…
Closing lines when you offer more communication/ more help (if needed)
- If you need any more information, please contact me.
- If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me (at any time).
- If you have any questions, please let me know.
- (In the meantime) if you need any more information, please feel free to email me.
- Please let me know if there’s anything (else) that I can do to help.
- If anything about that isn’t clear, please drop me a line.
Other closing lines to mention the next contact between you
- I’m looking forward to seeing you then.
- I look forward to meeting you then.
- See you on Monday/ next week/ on…/ next…/ then.
- Hope we have the chance to meet again soon.
- I look forward to doing business with you again soon.
- Can’t wait to see you again!
- Keep in touch!
- Write soon!
Closing lines for instructions/ commands/ orders
- Thank you for your cooperation.
- I appreciate your support/kind guidance.
- Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Closing lines with apologies/ Closing lines when responding to complaints
- Hope that is okay (with you).
- Once again, please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused/ for the inconvenience caused/ for the delay/ for…
- Thanks for your patience./ Thank you for your patience.
- Thank you for your understanding.
- Sorry about the complications.
- Sorry this is taking so long to sort out.
Social closing lines/ Friendly closing lines
- Have a good evening/ day/ weekend/ break/…
- Hope you have a good vacation/ journey home/…
- Good luck with….
- All the best with…
Useful closing greetings for emails
- Best regards
- Sincerely yours
- Best wishes
- All the best
- Bye for now
- Take care
- Kind regards
Join my 3 day email writing course for FREE here.